Our Holiday Mail for Heroes program allows you to give something that means something this holiday season. We invite you to send cards of thanks, encouragement and holiday cheer to members of our U.S. Armed Forces, many of whom will be far away from home this holiday season, and our veterans here in New Jersey.
So grab a pen and help us put smiles on the faces of our service members and veterans. Get your little ones involved too! They love to receive cards from children.
Here are some tips to get you started:
- Address cards to “service member” or “veteran.”
- Write a note! Keep your message positive and upbeat.
- Avoid cards containing glitter.
- Do not enclose any items with your holiday cards. Any items enclosed will be removed.
- Include your name and where you’re from, but do not include additional personal information such as email, phone number or address.
- Do not put cards in envelopes. Individual cards in envelopes cannot be accepted.
Cards for Holiday Mail for Heroes can be dropped off (Attention SAF) at any Red Cross location in the North Jersey Region prior to December 5. Find a location near you.
You can also join us at any of the following card-signing events. Stop by and bring your family and friends and a supply of blank cards with you (if possible)! Help sort and bundle cards with festive flair at our Montclair office on December 2.Saturday, November 29 from 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM The Country Nursery, 290 Route 24, Chester, NJ 07930 Tuesday, December 2 from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM Red Cross in Montclair, 63 Park Street, Montclair, NJ 07042 Saturday, December 6 from 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM The Country Nursery, 290 Route 24, Chester, NJ 07930 Saturday, December 13 from 10:00 AM – Noon Red Cross New Jersey Crossroads, 695 Springfield Avenue, Summit, NJ 07901
Thank you for helping to brighten the day of those who have served our country!
Filed under: Uncategorized |