AVOID THE FLU:
- Wash your hands (thoroughly) with soap and hot water for at least 20 seconds, covering the entire hand (including fingernails and under jewelry). Use a disposable towel to dry and use that towel to turn off the faucet.
- Keep your hands away from your eyes, nose and mouth as much as possible. These are favorite spots for flu germs to enter your body.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. The flu virus is spread by respiratory droplets passed from one person to another. These droplets can pass among people in close contact.
AVOID SPREADING THE FLU:
- If you are sick, stay home! Get plenty of rest and drink lots of fluids.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing, and throw the tissue away after use. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow or upper arm, not your hands.
For more tips and info, including signs and when to contact your doctor, go to: http://www.redcross.org/news/article/Flu-Cases-Widespread-in-41-States