Sandy is unprecedented in size and strength. Its extremely strong winds may cause power outages and New Jersey streams and rivers could flood, affecting a widespread area. If you must evacuate and need to go to a Red Cross shelter, here’s a quick checklist of tasks and items to help you get ready:
- If there’s a chance you need to evacuate, register on our “Safe and Well” site on www.redcross.org. This tells loved ones you’re ok.
- We have opened several shelters in the area. You should bookmark this link to see all open Red Cross shelters.
- Packing for the shelter: Bring your medicines, food if you’re allergic or vegetarian, ID (proof of residence), extra clothes, sleeping bags, pillows and hygiene items
- Supplies: Bring supplies for elderly family members and children
- Kids: Bring diapers, formula, toys
More to come! Stay safe everyone!
Filed under: Uncategorized |